Monday, November 3, 2008

I Know!! A New Post! Shock!!!! Happy Halloween


This year's Halloween was quite busy for two people in a no-kid household. Chloe is really our "kid" now, so I focused on her outfit early. As you might recall last year, her outfit was quite embarrassing to her. This year we decided to go with something far more flattering. Funny thing is - she loved it! Every time I put on the dress she pranced around like she was the queen of the ball. Dogs are just hilarious sometimes.

I found her dress on Etsy. I love that place - some really cool stuff. The lady who made the dress was so impressed with Chloe's modeling, she made her a feature picture on the ad. Maybe I can work on sending my "kid" into modeling to make some extra money for the household :)

Friday night we headed over to the District, an outdoor shopping area here in Henderson that does a Halloween event with all the stores handing out candy. Music, lights, soooo many kids, adorable costumes, and food. It was a fun time and super, duper crowded - way more than last year. Chloe enjoyed eating candy off the ground (much to my dismay) and we enjoyed sauntering and costume-sighting in the beautiful weather. If I didn't appreciate Fall before we moved here, I certainly appreciate it now. Days here are still in the 70-80s, but evenings are fabulous high 60s. Amazing! One of my very favorite things about living here is that I rarely have to wear real shoes - flip flops are my constant foot companion and I love it!

Saturday night, Nate and I were invited to a Halloween party. The party was planned for Halloween night, but because of lack of babysitters the host moved it to the next evening. That's actually a great tradition - the kids have their fun first, then the parents get to have a fun night out. Anyway, Kari (go check out her amazing planning here) went all out and was a wonderfully creative host. Nate and I debated and debated over costumes (he's more Star Wars, I'm more "not so geekified") but finally landed on our costume idea out of desperation - the party was starting in 2 hours :)


We were Costco demonstrators - complete with sample trays not shown here. As I expected, Nate totally pulled out the design skills and pulled off a sign that everyone thought we stole from Costco. So funny!

Hope everyone had a great Halloween. I'm totally ready to pull out the holiday stuff now. I may even blog about it!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, a post - I almost fell over! And a very fun one, at that. That party looks fantabulous, glad you had a good time. Clever costumes, I liked all the pictures on Kari's blog. And oh my, is my pumpkin delight recipe ever makin' the rounds! So deeee-lish. Oh, and what a little orange princess Chloe is. Cute, cute. Post again soon!

Janae said...

Welcome back! I loved seeing your name among new posts to read.