Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Day of Thanks

Well, we're here at the airport in Las Vegas, preparing for a flight to Denver. Man, is it cold there!!! I'm not sure I'm prepared for 23 degrees (and below) after basking in the 70s and 80s during the last two months. Today was one of the first days since May that I've had to put something other than flip flops on my feet. Oh well! It's the price we have to pay to see family and friends we haven't seen in awhile. We're looking forward to it.

Tomorrow is obviously the day (and hopefully not the only day) we ponder about those things for which we are thankful. Here are a few of mine:

1. A loving and husband and family that keep me grounded and give me all the support I could ever need.
2. The cutest dog in the whole wide world
3. A safe and happy home
4. The gospel, the Savior, and "the plan" - which helps a ton with that safe and happy home thing ;)
5. A sense of hope for good things to come, even if I am left unemployed during the holiday season
6. Good friends
7. My computer and the internet - how did I ever live without them
8. Good food - which I need to eat much less of - starting next week :)
9. Warm weather - mmmm, snow will be pretty, but I know I'll appreciate 65 when I get home
10. A healthy body, a bright mind and the promise of lots of fun happenings in 2008. Should be an interesting year.

I wish all of you a very happy and thankful-filled day! Enjoy.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Nice list! So excited to see you.

Brittany said...

All well said and I am so excited to see you, and boy was I jealous today with you warm weather...if only I could convince Chris to move to Arizona. I can't wait for summer!