Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lawnmower Fun!


It's not often that you see "lawnmower" and "fun" in the same statement. Nevertheless, for us, they went hand in hand today. You see, when we first moved here in June it became quickly apparent that we needed a lawnmower since we now have a lawn. I set off on a search for the perfect lawnmower in typical Wendie fashion - I scoured the internet, read the reviews and consumer feedback, and searched the stores. I eventually landed on the perfect, top-rated, easy to use, no fuss, no muss mower that was cute to boot! - and who can resist the name - "The Lawn Pup". So, I ordered one. Little did I know, I was among many. . .

Isn't it interesting how much more fun and interesting things become when you have to wait forever to get them. Maybe that's why we like babies . . . anyway . . . I order the Lawn Pup on June 18th. After many "update" e-mails and a log of my mower's trip all the way from the Far East, it finally arrived on August 28th!!! In the meantime, you need to understand that our lawn kept growing . . . and growing . . . and growing. Luckily we only have grass in the backyard or I'm sure the neighborhood police would have been knocking on our door. The UPS man knocked on the door this morning and I think I heard an audible "whoo hoo" from somewhere in the house. We had that mower out of the box, put together and ready to mow within 10 mintues (another great reason to buy this beauty!) Take a look at how cute!! I watched Nate mow the whole lawn. The Pup reminds me of a little yellow VW bug. It mows (very well, so says Nate) and it's cute. You can't beat that. The instruction manual claims this thing has "fine Italian design". I don't know about that, but it's pretty darn "fun". I had to take these pictures so everyone else could enjoy the cuteness, but we also need to chronicle our first lawn-mowing of our new home - a landmark moment worth a blog note. So there you have it - a fun lawnmower moment :)



See how long the grass has gotten in 2 months!

Chloe thought she was guarding the yard from the new interloper. She wouldn't stop barking, as you'll hear in the video.



4 comments:

Brittany said...

I love it, your grass is soo green! I need to learn how to put video on the blog...maybe you can teach me!

Melissa said...

Fun post! See how fun everyday life can be :) And it IS a cute mower. I can't believe grass can grow so long and green in a DESERT!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

It's a beauty!