Thursday, May 22, 2008

An Opportune Moment




Parker (my sister Kellie's son) and I have become real photo buddies lately. He's my model of choice when it comes to practicing my portrait-taking - and who wouldn't want this cutey as a model? Anyway, Chloe is insanely jealous of Parker. It could have something to do with the fact that we talk to Parker in the same voice we use to talk to Chloe. Parker is a real damp rag on her "all the attention on me" parade, but nonetheless, she enjoys him and I think she's just secretly holding out until Parker begins his food dropping/throwing/spitting phase. Then all the negatives will be outweighed by the veritable feast that awaits her. For now though, Chloe finds great joy in having a human down at her level, especially one that doesn't know enough to protect himself from the incoming tongue. Poor Parker. I was taking his picture today and he was being so pleasant . . . . then THIS happened . . .
Now I know all you very clean moms and non-pet lovers think this is SO gross, but I have to tell you that I think it's seriously funny. I see the beginnings of a beautiful relationship - and I mean that in the most innocent "boy and his dog" kind of way. I love this dog. I love this boy. I'm glad they're forming memories to keep. I hope there are lots more to come.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes, kind of gross to me. What I want is the after picture - did Parker freak out? Or think it was funny? Or just act curious? He is a darling boy, and Chloe is a cute pup, so they are a cute twosome! I will fully agree there is something cute about little boys and puppies.

Jen said...

I looove that picture!!! My friend is bringing her kids over tomorrow because they want to play with Spencer. We'll see how long it takes before Spencer gets tired of being chased. Of course, when it's just the two of us, he begs me to chase him. Go figure!

The Frosts said...

Cute, cute, cute pictures. What a darling little boy. I love the dog kiss picture. No one ever died from a few pup germs! Great pictures Wendie!

The Calverts said...

You've got a talent for photography! I love the photo with the dog.